The City of Windsor Recreation and Culture Division welcomes participants of all ages, abilities, religions and cultures to our aquatic facilities. This is an inclusive facility and it is important that everyone be able to enjoy the facility in a safe, welcoming and equitable manner.
Safe swimming is important to all of us. All participants are required to wear swimming attire suitable for a public family aquatic environment that meets Ontario Health Regulation and safety requirements.
Appropriate swim attire includes:
• Attire designed for swimming use such as: bathing suit, swim trunks, board shorts, Burkini
• Attire worn for SCUBA diving or surfing (rash guard, wet suit)
• Short or long sleeved shirts and/or tights and/or shorts made of synthetic material such as “Lycra” or “Spandex” and designed for swimming use.
Appropriate swimwear allows the body to move freely, does not impede buoyancy and does not create an increased risk to the bather’s safety. Swim attire must be clean, must not restrict movement or create a safety hazard, and cannot be clothing worn from the street into the pool.
Swim attire that is not permitted includes but is not limited to:
• Underwear or lingerie
• Clothing that has been “cut off” including jean shorts
• Jeans or sweat pants
• Attire with exposed metal zippers and/or rivets
• Clothing with offensive language and/or messaging
In order to maintain water quality all participants are required to have control of their bladder and/or bowels such as reusable or disposable swim diapers/pants such as “Gabby’s” or “Little Swimmers”.